Thursday, January 13, 2011

3 Months Lease Melbourne

First Interim Report

first Arrival in the country

started on 08/08/2010 for me my weltwärts year in Peru. We came with a 18-member Volunteer group in the evening at the airport in Lima, where we were already expected by our coordinators and Mechthild Olaf. With a small bus we went without complications in a hostel in the district of Miraflores, this should be the venue for our introductory seminar for the next few days.

1.1 Introduction seminar in the host country

After being prepared in detail to our preparation seminar in Germany from the ASA team to a welwärts use in general, I hoped the introductory seminar some country-specific information about Peru and Special to about my project.

I could broaden my horizons beyond the culture and people of Peru in the 5 days. Besides the issues of racism in Peru "and" rules of conduct in using space "it was the alternative city tour with Alois Kenenrknecht my personal highlight. I could for myself personally take a lot more than I would have done it in workshops and lectures. A specific preparation for my project I had to miss unfortunately, also in the introductory seminar. To the organization, it is noted that in the circumstances, fatigue on the one-anticipation and curiosity was on the land on the other hand, is appropriate. There was a rough guide to the 5 seminar days, but this was flexible. The place is a cozy hostel with wireless internet was great for such a seminar.

01.02 arrival on the use of space, inclusion, incorporation

On the evening of 08/13/2010 I was at the airport of Pucallpa. There I was by my host father Jorge, the regional manager of AIDER, Pio, received the DED development worker Manuel and Claudia, a weltwärts volunteers who was nearing the end of their year. They brought me to my host family. The reception was cordial, but I quickly realized I would not live here very long. I did not want to live with a host family, first and second bothered me that my host father to me more rent than was required by my predecessors.

The following Monday I played my first day at AIDER. I went with Julie, a Luxembourg short volunteer, to the office where I met Manuel. He informed me that the chief, Pio, this week would not be there and that's why I Edinson, another worker, it should introduce into the work. Who knew nothing of it, however, and so I spent the first day and following on with persönlichn errands Internet. By the time I got to my remaining staff, with whom I get along the way, very good, but a proper introduction to my work I was able to enjoy at AIDER not now. There is no right AIDER work at it for me,

second Activities on the use of space

My activities in the office are limited accordingly mainly on personal errands Internet. While I was in the first month a few times at Manuel's project to help the construction of a storage and processing center for certified tropical timber, but since the funding sources to do so by the end of September were exhausted, there are currently nothing to do for me. I know that my under-employment in the office to some extent even indebted. I would have to look for from the start even more intensive tasks yourself. But I'm also not expected to be made in advance in any way concerned about a possible job for me. To the often frustrating "Internet Surferei" to escape the office - at least I'm sitting on a bad day from 8-13 Clock and 15-18h through the computer - I try as often as possible in the indigenous communities where AIDER his wood- certification project implemented to come. Although there are there any real work for me, but I can participate in some activities of AIDER technicians and to the daily lives of residents. I would like to take this Point to stress that any of my 4 trips is due to an indigenous community on my own initiative, and that I all pending issues (travel, fuel, verpleger) have been paying out of pocket. Lso is to mention that I have spent some time with my Mitfreiwilligen, Melanie, together on a waste management project in the indigenous communities. During this time, although I had the job I had hoped and still hope right now, but I have decided for various reasons against this project. First, I did not like the attitude of AIDER. It was pursuing my opinion, only a political interest, just wanted to seven churches a system that does not matter whether or not there is, and let such important aspects unnoticed. Second, the approach and ways of working by myself and Melanie fundamentally different, which would have inevitably led to conflict for me, and thirdly, I realize in hindsight that I am behind a project of this kind can not stand with conviction. So right now I have no activities on the use of space, which has discouraged me personally. I must change something in the next year. There

2.1 Support by mentor / country office

My coordinator Mechthild me feel it's there in difficult situations and emergencies for me. When my roommate and I were aware of the amount of our rent had a conflict, they could help us. When I informed them about my problems at work in a private conversation, she could indeed make me courage, but the problems are until now still there. Overall, I would like her and support the country offices as little as necessary to complete. In my opinion, it belongs to a weltwärts year to ensure that you learn to solve problems and all difficulties, as much as possible of the work and life in the culture of the partner country take for yourself personally.

02.02 perspectives

for the new year, I made up my mind, I look with renewed courage and motivation of new longer-term task. I was already in discussions with other volunteers and with Manuel reflect my problems and have to say that I am also largely responsible for ensuring that I have my weltwärts year at the working level not yet be described as a success. I'll try next year, initially to find a job would AIDER a fixed position. Currently I do a project that is dedicated to the production of natural rubber in indigenous communities, hope. If I was there but should not find work, I will realize your own project. Fortunately, the AIDER are very open, so I do not really all possibilities are given to me and realize a project itself.

third Life in the partner country: housing, food, contacts, etc.

my first month in Pucallpa I lived with a host family. My start there was unfortunately a bit discordant. My host father would ask me instead of the agreed 320 350 Soles Soles rent. Although he was one of 320 Soles, but showed me that fact that I do not, but my money was welcome to this family. The fact that I have from the beginning rather wanted to live in a residential community with volunteers, I made the decision easy to take off after a month. I now live together with 3 other DED Weltwärts learning in a Peruvian, Techy, which provides for each of us a room with bathroom. We can use their Hasuhaltsgeräte, the kitchen and the garden. I am now very comfortable there. Although we have recently had some problems with Techy, which refers, however, mainly on our part, inappropriate behavior. In a crisis meeting, we got a long catalog of rules that we observe now and realize that we get along so much better together. Currently, the mood improved again and I am confident that I will stay live for the next 6 months there.

addition to my work I have for leisure time mostly on weekends. I often go with my roommates in discotheques and we sometimes do and excursions in the surrounding area Pucallpas. It often is Alex, the Brazilian husband of a German DED development worker, our guide. I would call him here as my best friend. Next to him I have some contacts with Peruvians. Sorry, have no real friendships develop. Such a thing takes time. With my colleagues I get along well, but privately, I am usually not with them. I wish for the new year that I meet new people with whom I can spend my free time.

4th Recognizable problems, solutions

Overall, I see in weltwärts with DED a big problem. This does not apply to private life, but to work in the partner country. I feel that my project has little or not prepared at the one-year collaboration with a volunteer. Although I bring as opposed to an aid worker with little skills, but I think that the German Abitur can already form the basis for some work. Accordingly, I could certainly some in the office of AIDER Tasks are performed, but until now this was unfortunately not the case. Talking to other DED volunteer, I realized that my problem is not unique. Many volunteers are on their work under busy to lose their motivation to ask for daily tasks, and so are also, as I think I happened into a deep hole of self-pity and unmotivated nature. My proposed solution to this problem is that the projects should be prepared for the intense collaboration with a volunteer. This might help on a page to produce before the welwärts-year e-mail contact between the project and volunteers to already communicate before arriving in the host country of possible tasks. On the other side comes at this point the question of the amount of volunteers. Can find two volunteer coordinators for 46 good projects?

welwärts from smaller organizations, I have heard that the cooperation between sending and project is much more intense and thus Aufagebn for volunteers are available. My proposed solution to the problem, then, that the partner organizations are more intense cooperation with Entsenderorganisation in the future better prepared for the volunteers. One should übelegen to send volunteers may be less, to give everyone the opportunity to get a real job.

5th Previous learning experience, especially

I could now learn about the Peruvian culture. This is not the place to enumerate all of these experiences, but I want to mention that I think mitlerweile, much to understand what seemed to me at the beginning nor funny. This can mainly refers to the operation of the office and I am confident that I found in the new year a new job and motivate me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment