Thursday, February 10, 2011

Strep Throat And Tooth Ache

In Amazonia eat the fish fruit from the trees

... and they do not, by drinking Redbull them Grow wings and fly like birds through the air. No. Every year during the rainy season the water rises in the rivers of the Amazon region to the most. We're not talking about one, maybe two feet, but at about 10 meters. In the flat regions, the result is that over large areas are flooded. The forest is flooded, year after year, a unique habitat. So it is that the fish can eat without problems, the fruits of the flooded plants.

I could in the past few days to get to know the flooded forest. On Saturday I went with my roommate Nora to Callería. The outward journey alone was an adventure. The flood has dried up jungle made navigable channels, so I learn to know a new way to Callería. It went in just 4 hours with a Peke Peke by partial only 2 meters wide waterway through the middle of the forest. This beautifully stereotyped forest landscape I had only previously known from documentary films. I was really totally enchanted. Arrived


in Callería we were expected right from the endless mosquitoes. Where there is water, these pesky insects can naturally multiply rapidly. Although I was used to in the previous trips, the Comunidades in quite a bit, but this time, the mosquitoes still barely endure. I could not without to be engraved in my hammock, and so was my book, the 4 days can not read completely. Nevertheless, I verbachte a good time in Callería. Although not working I paddled into it with Nora in the woods, fished with the residents and was able to catch even Callerías with hook and line my first "own" fish from the Amazon, and spent much time with the family of Richard (the family of the AIDER technician).



0 comments:

Post a Comment